Men charged in Stockbridge burglary investigation
Main article content
Two men have been charged as part of an investigation into a burglary in Stockbridge.
The incident took place at around 2.30am on Monday 23 March.
Money, jewellery and a Military Cross medal were stolen.
Two men were arrested as part of this investigation and have now been charged.
Jed Ronnie Martin, 26, of Evenlode Road, Southampton, and Eriks Valants, 22, of Cotswold Road, Southampton, have been charged with conspiring to commit a burglary dwelling with intent to steal.
Both men appeared at Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Tuesday 29 September). They have been remanded to appear at Winchester Crown Court on Wednesday 28 October.
Officers continue to appeal for information on the whereabouts of items that remain missing following this incident.
They include the Military Cross medal, which was in a presentation case containing a letter signed by the king.
Other items include:
- Three Longines watches, one with a silver linked strap and diamonds around the face. Two others are gold.
- Raymond Weil watch with a gold face and black leather strap
- Omega watch with a gold oval face
- David Morris pearl and diamond necklace with matching earrings
- Three string pearl necklace
- Pince nez glasses in gold
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting the reference number 44200107588. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.