Two released under investigation following arrests for ATM thefts involving explosions
Main article content
A 33 year old woman and a 25 year old man arrested in connection with a series of ATM thefts involving explosions across Hampshire and Surrey, have been released under investigation.
Both are from Farnborough.
The arrests occurred yesterday, (Tuesday, January 28), as part of a series of dawn raids involving 150 officers at addresses across Hampshire.
Three others remain in custody. They are:
A 24 year old man from Farnborough
A 22 year old man from Southampton
A 29 year old man from Southampton
All five were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglary and conspiracy to cause explosions on dates between August 14, 2019 and January 19, 2020.
The offences related to 12 incidents:
- Stop ‘n’ Shop, Sholing, Southampton on August 14, 2019
- Tesco in Lavender Road, Waterlooville on August 14, 2019
- Cashzone, Headley, East Hants on August 22, 2019
- Santander, Petersfield, East Hants, on August 25, 2019
- Costcutter Store, Farnham, Surrey, on August 25, 2019
- HSBC, Park Gate, Fareham on August 27, 2019
- Coop, Godalming, Surrey on August 31, 2019
- Premier Convenience Store, Brockenhurst, on September 3, 2019
- Post Office, West End, Eastleigh, on September 3, 2019
- Co-op Store, Stubbington, Fareham, on September 9, 2019
- Tesco Express, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh , on September 11, 2019
- Co-op, Spring Road, Sholing, Southampton on January 19, 2020