Witness appeal after burglary series in Winchester
Main article content
We’re investigating a series of burglaries which have taken place across the Winchester and Test Valley districts this week.
Homes on Springvale Road in Kings Worthy, and Wisley Road and Picket Twenty in Andover, were targeted yesterday (29 September). Clothing, cash, and video games are among the items stolen.
We are also investigating several other burglaries as follows:
• A burglary at an address Orient drive, Harestock, at around 8.40pm on 18 September. Cash and jewellery were reported stolen.
• Addresses on Sermon Road and Lynford Road, Winchester, were targeted on 20 September, with cash and jewellery again being reported stolen.
• At around 4pm on 21 September, it was reported that entry was gained to an address on Durley Street, Durly, and an untidy search carried out. Nothing was reported stolen.
• At around 9.40pm on 23 September a burglary was reported on Eastgate Street, Winchester, it is unclear at this time what has been stolen.
• Between 5pm on 23 September, and 7.30am on 24 September, a house on Teg Down Meads was targeted. A quantity of cash and jewellery were stolen.
• Between 7pm and 11pm on 27 September entry was gained to an address on Old Hillside Road. Cash and jewellery were reported stolen.
We are treating the burglaries as linked, and the offenders are reported to have made off in a silver hatchback car after each incident.
We also believe these burglaries may be connected to two break ins that took place in Chandler’s Ford on the 15 September, during which jewellery was stolen. These incidents were on Ashbridge Rise and Winchester Road.
Our investigation will also explore whether there have been any other incidents that could be connected.
Members of the public have been reporting suspicious incidents in these areas to the police, and we continue to encourage people to report suspicious people or vehicles to us.
In addition, we would encourage anyone who witnessed anything that could assist our investigation, or has dash cam or CCTV footage, to contact us.
If you have any information please call 101 with reference 44210371394 or Op Potager. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.
We have lots of crime prevention advice to help you protect your homes and property on our website here: https://www.hampshire.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/residential-burglary/