Appeal launched after residential burglary in Fordingbridge
Main article content
We are seeking any witnesses, or anyone who may have information, to come forward following a burglary at a property in Fordingbridge.
It comes after the owner of the property on Oaklands Close returned home at around 7pm on Friday 3 December to find that the house had been subject to an untidy search.
Several items stolen, including an iPad, laptop, a handbag and a distinctive necklace with a child’s name, date of birth and a red gemstone.
It is likely that the incident took place between 5pm and 7pm on Friday evening.
Were you in the area at the time? Did you see anyone acting suspiciously? Perhaps you have CCTV footage or dash cam footage during this time period that may have captured the incident?
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting 44210485596.
As a reminder to local residents, here is some crime prevention advice to help prevent them becoming a victim of crime during the Winter months;
• Use timer switches (available from most DIY stores) to switch on lights, radios while you are away from the home to make it look and sound occupied.
• Ensure you shut and lock windows and doors when you return home and settle down for the evening.
• Ensure you have used padlocks on the side gates to deny access to the rear of the property.
• Ensure your outside lighting is in working order (consider low level ambient light on a dusk to dawn sensor) this will activate even when you are not at home.
• Property mark belongings with your house number and postcode, keep a list of any makes, models and serial numbers. Take photos of jewellery. Register your items for free via the Immobilise website. Using this service will assist the police in returning property to the rightful owner should it be stolen.