Police investigate shed-breaks in Bitterne and surrounding areas
Main article content
We are currently investigating a number of reports of shed and garage break-ins in the Bitterne, Thornhill and Weston areas.
We have received reports of sixteen burglaries between 3 June and 18 June. Push bikes, tools and a moped are amongst the items that have been reported stolen.
The burglaries mostly occurred overnight and took place in Millais Road, Middle Road, Linacre Road, Wood Close, Bitterne Road East, Ludlow Road, Oak Road, Pinegrove Road, Archery Grove, Tickleford Drive, Weston Lane, International Road and Mortimer Road.
We would like to hear from anyone with information on these incidents. Have you been offered a bicycle or tools for sale recently? Have you noticed anything suspicious?
Anyone with information should call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
We would like to remind people of some measures they can take to protect their property:
- Use of good padlock on the door to your shed or garage with no exposed screws
• Keep it locked at all times
• Consider fitting a battery-operated shed alarm with a loud siren
• Secure your bike to the ground or lockable stand within a locked shed or garage. Visit https://www.soldsecure.com/ to search for ground anchors or other security products
• Think about what a thief might see from any window of your shed or garage. Keep your valuable items covered from view.
For more information, visit https://www.hampshire.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/non-residential-burglary/secure-shed-garage/