Appeal made following garage burglaries in Otterbourne
Main article content
We are appealing for information after following a number of reports of break-ins at garages in Otterbourne.
In total, we have received six reports of burglaries or attempted burglaries in Cranbourne Drive.
We believe these took place between midnight and 1am on Wednesday 11 September.
In two cases, bikes were taken from two garages, but they were recovered later.
Other garages had been entered but there were no signs that the door had been forced.
Officers are treating all these incidents as being linked and are making enquiries.
We would like to hear from anyone who has information about what happened who hasn’t yet spoken to us.
Perhaps you saw people acting suspiciously in this area on that night? Or do you have any other information that could help our investigation?
If so, please call us on 101, quoting the crime reference number 44190324467.
We would like to take this opportunity to share some tips about how best to protect your shed or garage.
• Lock tools away securely, either inside a locker, a box or secured with a chain
• Secure your bike to the ground or a lockable stand within a locked garage or shed
• Use an old sheet to cover mowers or bikes to keep them covered from view
• Invest in a garage door stop
• Property mark your tools and bikes
For more details, see here: https://www.hampshire.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/non-residential-burglary/secure-shed-garage/