Quickly exit this site by pressing the Escape key Leave this site
This site is a beta, which means it's a work in progress and we'll be adding more to it over the next few weeks. Your feedback helps us make things better, so please let us know what you think.
We have issued crime prevention advice following three thefts of catalytic converters in Winchester.
Two of the thefts took place at St Catherine’s Park and Ride car park, and the other was stolen from a car parked in Middlebrook Street.
They all took place on Wednesday 4 September.
We are looking see if these incidents are linked.
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting crime reference number 44190316090.
Thieves steal catalytic converters for the valuable metals they can contain. Vehicles with a higher chassis are often targeted.
We would like to remind people of the following advice to best protect your vehicle:
• park your car in a locked garage where possible, but if this isn’t an option, then park in a well-lit and well-populated area
• if parking in a public car park, consider parking alongside other cars and facing your bonnet towards a wall, if possible
• avoid parking half on the pavement and half on the road
• look out for people working under cars. If you see anything suspicious, call the police
• if your catalytic converter is ‘bolted on’, you can have the bolts welded shut
• consider security lighting and CCTV at home
• identify/etch your converter with a unique mark or serial number