Appeal for information after motorcycle and mountain bike stolen in Freshwater
Main article content
We are appealing for information following a burglary at a house in Freshwater in the early hours of yesterday morning (November 5).
Thieves forced entry to shed at a property in School Green Road between 1am and 6.30am on Tuesday.
When the owner woke, he discovered a white Honda CR80R off-road motorcycle and a blue MBK mountain bike had been stolen.
The motorcycle has a D-lock fitted and would have needed to be dragged around 50 metres from the shed to the road.
PC Timothy Campany said: “Please get in touch with us if you have seen either the motorcycle or mountain bike in the pictures.
“Maybe you have been offered one or both of them?
“We are also keen to hear from anyone who saw any vehicles they did not recognise near the library in School Green Road in the early hours of Tuesday morning or saw people acting suspiciously.”
Anyone with information should call 101, quoting 44190396555. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
We would like to take this opportunity to share some tips about how best to protect your shed or garage.
• Use a battery-operated shed alarm and consider installing CCTV
• Lock everything away – tools can be locked inside a box or a locker, or secured with a chain
• Use a ground anchor or another lock to secure your bike to the ground of your outbuilding
• Invest in a garage door stop
• Mark your property – this will make it easier to return if it does get stolen. Visit immobilise.com for more information
For more crime prevention advice, visit https://www.hampshire.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/non-residential-burglary/secure-shed-garage/