These pages are in beta, which means they're new and we may still be working on them. Your feedback helps us make things better.
Find out about transferring from another force.
As well as being one of the largest forces in the country, we have more police officers in front-line roles than average. We’re also a force with a strong neighbourhood policing approach. The challenge of policing Hampshire and the Isle of Wight includes:
- policing across 1,500 square miles, land which is largely rural but with densely populated cities
- a significant transport network including the M27 and M3, key rail hubs and two international airports
- critical national infrastructure sites to keep safe such as the ports in Southampton and Portsmouth as well as crucial oil refineries.
You can find out more about us, including our commitment to partnership working, innovation and technology.
In order to transfer to us, you will need to:
- be a serving police officer in a Home Office force and have completed the two year probationary period and the Policing Diploma or your forces equivalent qualification at the point of application
- pass the necessary vetting and occupational health checks
- pass the basic fitness test, which is a shuttle run (bleep test) to level 5.4 or above and a push / pull test
- have no outstanding disciplinary or integrity issues
- be able to show commitment to achieving high levels of attendance, judged against absence records for three years
- have resided in the UK for three years immediately prior to submitting your application
- not be a member of the British National Party (BNP) or similar organisation
- declare any business interest
- hold a full manual driving licence
All of our available opportunities can be found at www.newjob.org.uk. If you can’t see the role you’re interested in, you can register for alerts to be kept up-to-date.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Police.Recruitment@Hants.gov.uk.