Report a crime or incident

Report or give information about a crime, incident or missing person.

In an emergency, always call 999.

You can call us on 101 for all enquiries and to report non-urgent crimes.  Calls cost 15p regardless of how long the call lasts, and it is free to call from a public telephone. Learn more about the service on

Always call 999 in an emergency, for example:

  • an incident is happening now
  • life is at immediate risk
  • a suspect is on scene

If you are deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech impaired we have accessible contact methods available for you.  You can also register for our Direct Access Line if you would experience problems using the telephone to contact us.

We have specific information about reporting a missing person, lost and found property, and offensive messages on social media, which may be helpful for you to read before you contact us.

Report online

We're experiencing technical difficulties

We are currently unable to access the web chat facility within online crime reporting internally. Even if you are offered the opportunity to use it, please do not attempt to do so. We are working with the supplier to fix this, and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

You can currently report criminal damage, theft and theft from a motor vehicle online.  Visit our online portal to start.

Your report will be sent to our Force Enquiry Centre and they will send you an email explaining what will happen next.

We have heavily invested in a new online crime recording service which we hope will be available later in 2017.

Before reporting a crime

So that we can deal with your report as quickly as possible, it is important to consider the following information and have it ready to provide to us:

  • the date and time the crime happened
  • the location, such as address or road name along with the town or city
  • a description of any people involved
  • the details of any witnesses or suspects
  • if you think there is any additional evidence such as forensic evidence or mobile phone footage.  If you think there is CCTV, tell us about it and we will make further enquiries on your behalf.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Help us improve this website

Please do not use this form to report an incident or crime, and please do not include any sensitive or confidential information.

You are responsible for all information that you have entered into this form.