Find out below how to apply for or renew a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate. Whether you’re a firearm owner, firearm dealer, shooting club member or planning to travel with firearms, answer a few quick questions and we’ll guide you to the right form and everything you need to complete it.

Advice tool

Apply for a certificate to acquire and store 15kg to 2000kg of explosives

How do I apply?

Step 1: Familiarise yourself with the Explosives Regulations 2014.

Step 2: Download and complete the Application for a Storage Licence Under the Explosives Regulations 2014 form (Form ER2).

You'll need these details:

  • your National Insurance (NI) number
  • address of the explosives store
  • explosives to be kept and quantities


Step 3: Post your completed form to:

Firearms and Explosives Licensing Department
Hampshire Constabulary
Tower Street
SO23 8ZD


How much does it cost?

Fees differ depending on the requirements of your application and other factors.  Once we've received your application we'll contact you to confirm the fee and how you can pay.

What happens after I apply?

We'll get in touch as quickly as possible if we have any questions about your application or need to ask for more information.