Police in Winchester are advising motorcycle owners to review their security following recent thefts in the city.
Five motorcycles, with a 125cc or smaller engine, have been stolen in the Stanmore area since August 21.
Four of the bikes have been subsequently recovered locally either damaged or burnt out.
PC Robin Tebb from the Citygate Safer Neighbourhoods team said: "There are a number of precautions motorcycle owners can take to prevent their bikes being stolen.
"I would advise all motorcycle owners to take this opportunity to review their current security."
Crime prevention advice for motorcycle owners:
- Always lock your bike and set its alarm if it has one
- Try to use a designated motorcycle parking space with a stand and security loop
- When leaving your bike for some time, try to lock it to something secure
- At home you should try to remove your bike from view
- You can fit special attachments at home to lock your bike to
- Don't leave items such as helmets with your bike
Anyone with information about motorcycle thefts in Winchester should contact the police by phoning 101. Mini-Com users can call the police on 18001 101. Information can be given anonymously by calling the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.