Police are appealing for witnesses following a burglary in Leckford near Stockbridge.
The incident occurred between 1.30pm on Wednesday, December 12 and midday on Thursday, December 13 at a house in Stockbridge Road.
The offender(s) forced entry into the house and stole items including a laptop.
PC David Mills from Andover police station said: "I would like to hear from anyone with information about this incident. Did you see anyone suspicious in the area?
"I'd also like to take this opportunity to offer some advice to help members of the community protect their homes during the Christmas period.
- Leave it till the last minute to put Christmas presents out under the tree and don't leave them in view of a window
- If you are buying or receiving valuable gifts such as bikes, mobiles or electrical items register them for free at www.immobilise.com. This can assist police in returning your property should it be lost or stolen.
- A secure home will reduce the chance of a burglary. Make sure windows and doors are locked and remove keys from sight every time you leave the house.
- When you go out at night make it appear that someone is at home. Draw the curtains and leave a light on. You could always put a lamp or radio on a timer switch.
- Dispose of packaging carefully by breaking it down before putting it in the bin. Empty boxes left outside can advertise that you have nice new goods inside."