Police are appealing for witnesses following the theft of a handbag from a car in Chilbolton.
The theft occurred between 1pm and 1.30pm on Thursday, August 23 while the victim's car was parked at the Westdown Nature Reserve car park.
The suspect smashed a window of the silver Mercedes A160 and stole a small brown clutch bag containing a mobile phone and small amount of cash.
PC Philip Covey from Andover police station said: "I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed this incident, or who saw anyone suspicious in the area at the time.
"Most offences of theft from motor vehicle are opportunist and if valuable items such as handbags, sat navs, mobile phones and cameras are left inside a vehicle, it is much more likely to be targeted by thieves.
"My simple message to motorists is, when leaving your car, close all windows, lock your doors and remove all valuable items. Unfortunately a lot of people put their valuables in the boot or in footwells and even though they are out of sight, they are by no means safe".
- When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car.
- Don't leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Leave the glove box open to show there's nothing inside.
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car.