Follow these tips to keep your bicycle safe
- Get a good bike lock (preferably a D-Lock) and attach your bike to something secure, e.g. a bike rack or a lamppost.
- Always lock your bicycle, even if you are only leaving it for a couple of minutes.
- Have your bike's frame security-marked or engraved. Speak to your Safer Neighbourhoods team - some of our teams are able to carry out cycle marking, but it is best to check with them first.
- Keep your bike in a secure garage or shed. Keep the door locked and keep it out of public view.
- If you have quick-release wheels, lock them up as well or take them with you.
- Remove lights from the bike and take them with you.
- Register your bike with schemes such as Immobilise or Bike Register.